Learn what hydraulic power units are designed to do and how they work. Understand what components they use and how to control their performance.
This module will explain the main functions of hydraulic power units and introduces the range components that they use. We discuss the reasons why each component is used and their importance in different applications. Topics include:
Hydraulic Power Unit Basic Training
This module will explain the performance characteristics of hydraulic power units and provides more detail on the functions and requirement for the range components that they use. We provide tips and standard design limits for a range of applications. Topics include:
Hydraulic Power Unit Advanced Training
This module applies to both mobile and industrial applications although much of the more comprehensive control features will generally only be used in industrial applications. Lower cost power units in the industrial sector are very similar to the simpler mobile power units.
Operating hydraulic equipment (Basic course)
Managing or purchasing hydraulic equipment.
Maintenance Engineers repairing hydraulic equipment.
Hydraulic equipment designers (Pro. course)
Students are expected to be familiar with:
1. Where hydraulic fluid power is used e.g. types of machines and industries.
2. Basic hydraulic circuit layout.
3. Able to recognise hydraulic component and their symbols.
4. The operation of hydraulic fluid power equipment.
5. Understand hydraulic components and where they are used.
6. Able to read hydraulic circuit and their symbols.