Things You Will Learn
Our hydraulic system design and repair guides will help users specify the loads, cylinders, valves, power units and pipework. They will allow users to find faults or select and size components from a drop-down list and modify or warn about issues with the rest of the system.
Each design guide will export a .csv file (registered users only) containing the recommended component sizes that the user can enter into a spreadsheet to back-up the final calculation evidence. These files should also contain enough information for suppliers to accurately quote the appropriate hydraulic equipment.
If you are a hydraulic equipment supplier and would like to add your data for each component and receive enquiries for equipment in your area then please contact us.
Hydraulic troubleshooting fault finder
This troubleshooting tool will help your identify, diagnose and repair a wide range of common breakdown faults in hydraulic systems. Problems discussed include:
- Hydraulic troubleshooting steps
- Troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Hydraulic troubleshooting video
- Hydraulic troubleshooting simulator software
Hydraulic Fitting Assembly Guide
The thread tightness calculator will help you find the correct torque or angle of rotation for bolts and threaded fittings. Features include:
- Bolt torque vs angle calculation
- Hydraulic fitting assembly instructions
- Checking fitting remake limits
Hydraulic hose register builder
Hydraulic cylinder/valve design guide
This application will guide you through the design of a hydraulic valve and cylinder system. Features include:
- Specifying the load and sizing the cylinder.
- Checking cylinder rod buckling against its mounting
- Accessing valve pressure drops against flow requirements
- Checking the system natural frequency and dynamics
- Completing a load balance for checking under all operating conditions.
Hydraulic power unit design guide
This application will guide you through the design of a hydraulic power unit. Features include:
- Specifying the input loads against output loads
- Checking performance against all operating conditions and efficiencies
- Adding specific electric motor and pump data
- Checking the reservoir sizing and thermal performance
- Specifying cooling capacity
Applies to the following areas
This module applies to both mobile and industrial applications although mobile equipment is likely to be so finely balanced that it will require development testing to ensure performance limits.
People who are responsible for hydraulic equipment in the following ways:
Managing or purchasing hydraulic equipment.
Maintenance Engineers repairing hydraulic equipment.
Hydraulic equipment designs.
Previous knowledge required
Students are expected to be familiar with:
1. The operation of hydraulic fluid power equipment.
2. Understand hydraulic components and where they are used.
3. Able to read hydraulic circuit and their symbols.